Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I am grateful for this week:

1.  Indian Summer.  It is still 80 degrees in Portland.  What a wonderful beginning to fall.  Crazy that it's dark now when we get home from our evening walks though. 

2.  Funny hubbie.  The single best personality quality my dear husband possesses is his humor.  He has made me laugh everyday since the day I met him.  I cherish him. 

3.  TV.  I don't watch all that much television, but I must admit, I have a guilty pleasure of watching a few series.  One of them is The Voice.  I am a total addict.  I love that show. It's all about watching people's dreams come true right before your eyes.  It's inspiring.  Plus, the contestants are all AMAZING!  Watching it makes me happy. 

4.  White bean chicken chili, zucchini bread, chocolate chip cookies, burgers on the grill.  These are a few of the yummy things that were on our menu this last week....and I do love food. I am so grateful that we don't have financial trouble feeding our family.  1.6 million people in our country, the most powerful and wealthy country in the world, struggle with hunger.  I am so, so, so very grateful we are not part of that statistic. 

5.  Friendship.  This week, I'm particularly grateful for my girlfriend Britney, who lent an ear and listened with a non-judgmental ear when I needed a friend just to listen.  Thank you Britney, I am so grateful you are part of my circle.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great photo of you and Henry! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes! Love you! and I'm always here to lend an ear.

    ReplyDelete