Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I am grateful for this week:

1.  Anniversary.  Ryan and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary in grand style by attending a wedding a guests.  The location was beautiful.  The weather was pleasant.  The company was awesome.  The evening was memorable.

2.  Day at the Zoo.  I extended the Labor Day weekend by a day so we could attend the zoo as a family for the first time (okay, second time if you count Zoolights).  It was a perfect day off.  We spent the entire day together as a family.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  We even all took naps in the afternoon.

3.  Cuddling with Baby Ben.  I got to visit with my friend Wende and cuddle with Baby Ben (three weeks old) on Monday.  So, so, so very precious.  I need to get going on making another one of them for me. : )

4.  Grandparents.  Ryan and I are so VERY grateful to have family that lives close.  Last weekend, Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Keith took Henry overnight so we could celebrate our anniversary without a curfew.  Grandma O offered to watch Henry an extra day this week so Ryan could go fishing with Grandpa Jim.  It was an awesome day out on the river.  I am grateful Ryan got the opportunity to go play for a day.  Heaven knows he has earned it!

5.  Fall.  Okay, I realize that it is not "officially" fall, but fall begins for me on Labor Day weekend.  The weather in Oregon is amazing in September.  Cool mornings/evenings and sunny afternoons.  The food is super yummy.  I love all the peaches, pumpkins, squash and SOUP that come with the fall.  Plus, my favorite holiday happens in the fall...Thanksgiving.  I can't wait!!!  We usually go to the beach a few times during the fall to spend time as a family and also go crabbing (even though I'm allergic still).  Simply put, I love the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment