Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Big Boy

Henry visited Dr. E for his annual visit yesterday.  Dr. E said he was happy with Henry's growth and development, stating he was right on track. Music to this Mama's ears!!! It is such a blessing to have healthy kids. I try never to take it for granted.  Dr. E confirmed Henry is still BIG.  41+ pounds (85th percentile) and 43+ inches tall (95th percentile).  He wears size 5 clothing (but quickly moving toward size 6) and getting ready to move into size 11 shoes. He prefers to wear his fuzzy Crocs over his tennis shoes, fuzzy pants (fleece or sweats) over jeans and t-shirts (long or short-sleeved) over button up shirts.  He comes by it honestly, Ryan and I both strongly prefer our casual clothes over our "fancy" clothes too.  I am not sure we really even have truly fancy clothes.  This year's physical exam was quite extensive.  They measured his height, weight, temperature, and blood pressure.  Then Dr. E gave him a thorough visual exam and asked me a bunch of questions about his development.  They also conducted a hearing test, eye exam and took a urine sample (first time ever...interesting experience for all involved...namely me) and Dr. E recommended bumping up two of Henry's vaccines in an abundance of caution (given the recent measles outbreaks in Arizona and California).  Yes, I'm a believer in vaccinating my kids!  Thankfully, my kiddos have had minimal to no noticeable side effects.  I hope that continues to be the case.  Henry was a trooper.  He followed directions like a champ!

No comments:

Post a Comment