Sunday, December 2, 2012

21 Months

Trains, trains, trains.  Henry loves trains.  Santa may just have to reward Henry's good behavior this year with a new Thomas the Train wooden railway.  Mama also happens to love, love, love trains.  Not sure who is more excited about Santa's "surprises."
Sweet boy.  Henry likes to "give loves" to all things soft...teddy bears, fuzzy blankets, pillows etc.  Melts my heart.
This is Henry's "gun" that he made for himself.  Doesn't matter if you purchase fake weapons for kids or not, they will make pretend weapons out of just about anything.  Here he ran around pointing his lego "gun" or "saber" at all sorts of things around the house, including poor Sophie, and while saying "dee dee, dee dee, dee dee" because he can't quite articulate "bang bang." 
 Awesome dance moves!  Cracks me up!
Henry has learned how push his cars, tractors, trains, trucks (anything with wheels) so that they go flying across the room.  Until recently, he would bring you a toy vehicle to push for him because he didn't quite understand how to push a toy and then let go.  He used to keep holding on and then get frustrated when the car didn't keep going.  It's fun to watch him master new tasks.
 Seriously Grandma!  What is this thing on my head!?!
Million dollar smile! 
 Silly, silly goose.
Henry loves to mimic behaviors.  During Thanksgiving weekend, Henry watched Mama take many things out of the oven using oven mitts.  We keep the oven mitts in a drawer that is easily accessible to Henry.  So, when I wasn't watching carefully, he stole one of my oven mitts and started pretending the coffee table was an oven and his box of Christmas Rudolph books was a casserole.  I love watching his imagination blossom.
What a ham!  This was the look I got when I asked Henry to smile for me.

Trouble!!!  Henry recently watched me clean the toilet (using a toilet brush).  Not five minutes later, he dug up a bottle brush (pictured) from a drawer in the kitchen and proceeded to try to wash everything in the house with the bottle brush, including his diggers.  He even tried to clean the toilet again, just like Mama.  I had to try to explain to him that Mama appreciated his help, but that we really didn't need to clean the toilet again.  He wasn't so convinced.  Who would have guessed I would ever need to argue with my son about not  cleaning the toilet.  Fast forward a few years and I am sure my tune will change.

1 comment:

  1. trains! now you know what to tell Santa to bring... and love that pic of him cuddled on the floor with the blanket

    ReplyDelete