Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Cookies

We have a tradition in our house of making Christmas cookies to share with our neighbors.  This year, Henry was strong (and coordinated) enough to grind up the walnuts all by himself.  He was so proud of himself. This year's treat box included blondies, coconut macaroons, and frosted sugar cookies.
It is thrilling to Henry to be able to lick the dough off the mixer paddle.  I think everybody has fond childhood memories of licking the cookie dough spoon clean, I know I do!
Sugar cookies make an epic mess of a kitchen, but they are SOOOOOO worth it! Henry and I had so much fun cutting them out (cowboy hats and fire hydrants included...those are Christmas shapes, right!?!) and then frosting them with various colors, but Henry insisted that I not make any "girly colors."

No comments:

Post a Comment