Friday, June 27, 2014

39 weeks

I can't believe I made it to 39 weeks!  Routine OB appointment went well this morning.  My BP, weight, belly measurement, and Russ' heart rate were all normal.  She confirmed Russ' head is very low and down.  Walking around between 3-4cm dilated now.  He can arrive at any time, literally!  I have an induction scheduled for tomorrow morning.  OB seems to think he will come pretty quickly once my water breaks.  She said she anticipates he will be in my arms by early afternoon.  EKE!!!  Am I really ready for this!?!?!  Guess I don't really have a choice in the matter, at this point (perhaps I should have thought about this a bit harder 9 months ago...).  I am sure everything will work out, just as it was intended, in the end, but my anxiety is growing by the minute.  I'm worried about unexpected complications during delivery.  I'm worried my epidural won't work.  I'm worried about post-partum depression.  I'm worried about colic.  I'm worried about nursing (it took me 5 months to finally get the hand of it with Henry...that is a long time!).  I'm worried about Henry adjusting to being a big brother and having to share Mommy.  I'm worried about becoming a crazy, psycho lady from sleep deprivation.   All in all, I'm just worried.  I recognize it is just in my nature.  I am a certified WORRIER.  I would get an A++ if I were graded on my ability to worry.  Having said that, I am SUPER excited to meet Russell, face to face, for the first time.  I can't wait to feel his fingers wrap around mine.  I look forward to kissing his soft forehead and listening to him make baby coos.  And, I have high hopes that Henry and Russell will begin a life long friendship and bond that only brothers can experience, right from the get go. Ready or not, here we go........

No comments:

Post a Comment