Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I am grateful for this week:

1.  PTO.  I am taking the afternoon off today to spend it with my AWESOME family. 

2.  Clean bill of health.  I am SOOOOOO very grateful that my son is healthy and developing as expected.  Health isn't something we can take for granted, so I cherish the fact that Henry is healthy and happy.

3.  Air conditioning.  It has been in the 90s this week.  Air conditioning allows us all to still sleep comfortably at night.

4.  Friday morning coffee.  In law school I started a tradition of treating myself to a fancy coffee on Friday mornings.  I admit I treat myself to fancy coffee more often now that I am gainfully employed (but not everyday), but often I still go to the coffee shop on Friday mornings.  It is a nice way to recognize another week of hard work.  Plus, coffee is scrumptious!

5.  Sunshine.  Although I don't like to be hot and sweaty, the sun generally makes people happy.  I enjoy the lighted mood in the office, on the streets and at home.  Plus, the sunshine is a great excuse to eat ice cream.  Yum!

1 comment: