Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I am grateful for this week:

1. Outings with Little Man.  I simply love spending time with Little Man.  Tonight we went to the frozen yogurt shop and shared a sundae.  Delicious.  Watching Henry interact with other kids in the forzen yogurt shop while enjoying peach frozen yogurt was priceless.

2.  Lunch with a Girlfriend.  I got to enjoy lunch with my friend Britney this week.  It is nice to take an hour here and there and catch up with a girlfriend.  I am grateful I've got girlfriends in my corner that are great listeners, advisors, and confidants.  Thanks Britney for lunch. 

3.  Grandmas.  This week, I am particularly grateful for Grandma Sherry.  Grandma O is out of town for two weeks, so Grandma Sherry has graciously agreed to watch Henry while both Ryan and I are at work.  Ryan's had a couple extra shifts, so Grandma Sherry has had her work cut out for her.  Thank you, thank you, thank you Grandma Sherry for all your love and support. 

4.  Flex Schedule.  I am so thankful for the flexibilty I have in my work schedule.  Although I often take work home with me (now that Henry is part of our family), I am afforded the flexibility to leave early on a regular basis.  I don't think I could juggle (and stay sane) being a working mom if I had a traditional 9-5 that was set in stone.

5.  Magazines.  Since my spare time is limited these days, I have grown particularly fond of magazines.  It is a nice vehicle for escape in 1-2 minute chucks.  I also like all the glossy pictures.  Who said pictures books were only for kids?!?

1 comment: