Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I'm grateful for this week:

1. Family walks.  Ryan and I frequently take a walk after dinner with Henry and Soph. I love to walk, I love my family.  Family walk - match made in heaven.

2. Date night.  Although it is easy for me to get sucked into mommy mode, I am thankful we have family and friends that are willing to watch Henry while Ryan and I connect as grown-ups a couple of nights a month. 

3. Lilies.  Flowers make me smile.  I purchased some beautiful Casa Blanca lilies at the farmers market last weekend and they make me smile every time I look/smell them.  They are first thing I see when I walk downstairs in the morning.

4. Strawberries.  This spring, we planted a community patch of strawberries in front of our house in the parking strip.  We share this space with our next door neighbors. They are already producing sweet, juicy, delicious berries.  Nothing like a home-grown berry.

5. Good neighbors.  We have awesome neighbors.  I find it precious to watch our kids run around together.

No comments:

Post a Comment