Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Thanks

Five things I am thankful for this week:

1. Commitment.  Wednesday marked the 13th anniversary of the first date with my hubbie.  We've had so many good times together and made so many great memories over the years.  Cheers, to another 13 years of fun!

2.  Pools.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, Henry loves water.  He now has discovered the sensation of floating (with a little prop from Mama), which makes him grin ear to ear. 

3. Crock-pots.  I made pulled pork on Sunday and we ate it all week.  Taste buds bored by the end of the week, yes.  Simplified my life, yes.  I'm grateful for the simplicity. 

4. Cool mornings, sunny afternoons.  I love what we call in the utility industry shoulder months." The Spring and Fall months when the weather is quite moderate.  What I love about Spring and Fall are the cool mornings and sunny afternoons.  I love the crisp air that is contrasted by the bright, cheery sun.  Since I don't like to be hot, this is perfect weather in my book.

5. Oregon berries. I took Henry and Grandma O strawberry picking on Sauvie Island earlier this week.  I know I've said it before, but a farm/garden grown Oregon strawberry (in particular, the Hood variety) is one of the most amazing things under the sun.  An Oregon strawberry could very well be my favorite food (well...perhaps behind good pizza...hehehehe).  I love them, they are like heaven in your mouth.  Hmm, I wonder where Henry gets his love of strawberries.

1 comment: