Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Thanks

In my continued quest to find inner peace and happiness, I am trying out a new exercise, to reflect routinely on what I am thankful for.  Hopefully this will help me focus on the awesome parts of my life and not so much on the less than awesome parts of my life.

5 things I'm grateful for this week:

1. My heart health. One of the managers at work died of a massive heart attack yesterday.  A sobering reminder that tomorrow, or even the next hour, isn't guaranteed.

2. Sunny spring days, especially when they fall on the weekend.

3. Girlfriends.  Every woman needs at least one good girlfriend in her life.  One she can share her secrets and heartfelt emotions with.  Tomorrow I have plans to visit one my dearest girlfriends, Jen.  She is one of those women in my life that I lean on, seek guidance from, and I just plain enjoy her company. 

4. Farmers markets.  I plan to take Henry on our first of many trips to the farmers market tomorrow morning.  I simply love markets, and a market dedicated to local food couldn't be more up my alley. I am grateful that I live in a vibrant farming community (even though I live in the City) because so many people don't have the access to fresh produce.  The opportunity to feed my family fresh, whole foods, is very near and dear to my heart.

5. Sleep.  Although I don't always get to bed as early as I would like, I am grateful Henry sleeps though the night and provides me an opportunity to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment