Monday, March 31, 2014

26 weeks


Getting BIGGER is the name of the game these days.  I've actually outgrown a couple pair of maternity pants!  I am resisting the urge to waddle, although I know it is inevitable at some point in the coming weeks.  It takes effort to do everything now, from bending over to get laundry out of the dryer, rolling over in bed, getting up from the floor etc.  All in all though, this pregnancy has been uneventful (and hopefully will stay that way).  I am measuring the same size as I did with Henry and I have gained exactly the same amount of weight (although I started out a bit lighter this time around).  Staying asleep for more than 5-6 hours is challenging, so I feel pretty tired most of the time.  Coffee helps a bit in this department (yes, I allow myself a bit of caffeine this time), thank goodness.  I am feeling more pulling and stretching as things get rounder in the mid-section, especially when Henry wants me to chase him around the house.  I try my best, but I have to remind him that Mommy can't run fast now that Mommy has a big tummy (not that I ever really was able to run fast).  He doesn't quite understand why I keep getting bigger and slower, although I am pretty sure he understands there is a baby in my belly.  I have begun the task of cleaning out the nursery (my former craft/storage room).  I think I have a few more hours of organizing/purging and it will be ready to paint.  We plan to reuse Henry's nursery furniture and update Henry's "artwork" in his room.  He wants me to find "digger pictures" for his walls.  He has surprisingly not been too possessive about designating things as "baby things" even though he knows they used to be his.  Hopefully telling him that he is a "big boy" is helping with that transition.  We'll see how possessive he is when Russell arrives. 

1 comment:

  1. outgrown maternity pants? that's impressive, my dear.

    ReplyDelete