Thursday, August 1, 2013

Many Thanks


There are so many things I am grateful for these days.  Here are some highlights:
*  Observing Henry and Ryan watch for trains downtown while visiting Ryan at the fire station. Nothing melts my heart quite like watching my two boys together.
*  Chocolate marble cake.  Thanks Ryan for having a birthday so we could have an excuse to indulge (not that I really need one).
*  Live music and an evening out with friends.
*  Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Keith watching Henry, including some recent sleepovers.  Henry LOVES his "Gamma Sheeedie and Gammpa Keeeh"! 
*  Playing with diggers and dumpers with Henry.
*  Morning coffee with my Honey.
*  Sleeping for more than 6 hours.
*  Piano lessons.  My very patient instructor is amazing.
*  Reading, for fun.
*  Lunch time walks with Britney.  She is one of the best listeners ever!
*  Surprise visit from my dearest friend Jen.  
*  Reading books with Henry.
*  Building sand castles with Henry.
*  Walks with Sophie.
*  My mom. For everything.
*  Movie night.
*  Playing with the Ko kids.
*  Dinner with Ryan's folks.  Good to catch up, sans kiddo.
*  Building train tracks with Henry.
*  Date nights.
*  BBQ with Nick and Mary.  Ryan made the best ribs!
*  Dinner with Beth, topped off with Ben and Jerry's ice cream.  Great food, great company.
*  Day dreaming.
*  Tenants.  Yes, we have tenants in our rental!  And they have paid their rent on time!  And mowed the lawn!  
*  Gardening.  I've harvested strawberries, tomatoes, peas, lettuce, basil, blueberries and cucumbers so far this year.  So much fun.
*  Playing Legos with Henry.  
*  Snuggles with Henry.  We used to snuggle in "Mama's bed," but now we snuggle in the "Big Boy bed."  Yup, Henry hit a new milestone and has decided he no longer wants to sleep in the crib.  
*  Fresh cut sunflowers. They make the kitchen so happy...or should I say they make me happy in my kitchen.
*  Crocheting.  I'm almost done with the baby blanket I'm making for girlfriend who is due this month.  Yay for more babies!
*  Farmers market. I love open air markets and I love food.  The farmers market is perfect for a person like me.
*  Lunch with Grandma O and Grandpa Jim. 
*  Water table fun with Henry.
*  Berry picking.  Berry eating.
*  Getting to work early so I can work fewer late nights.
*  Feeling happy. Recently, I experienced another dark season (emotionally) for a couple months.  But now, this week, I'm feeling happy.  It is so good to feel a bit more "normal" again.
*  Cobbler.
*  Organizing some of the mass quantities of paper in my house.  Little by little, I hope get better organized by the end of the year.
*  Evening jogs.  Last week I decided to get back on the horse and start jogging again (after taking nearly 3 months off).  Man am I out of shape!
*  Neighbors.
*  A whole month without rain.  Yes, a whole month...in Oregon!  I love the rain (as a true Oregonian), but it is summer, so the sun is welcome.
 

1 comment: