Friday, June 21, 2013

Diamond Lake - A week in pictures

Grandma O tried to teach Henry how to skip rocks.  He thought throwing rocks into the lake to make a splash was fun enough.  Every splash would make him laugh, laugh, laugh.
 Sun!  Successful vacation.
Ryan finally got me out fishing.  I had a GREAT time.  I reeled in 5 of my own fish, netted a few others and even gutted three of them with my bare hands!  If he didn't already love me, I think he fell in love with me that day. : )
 Nothing like the beauty of Mother Nature.
 Henry learned how to roll up dough balls for bait with Grandma O.
 Uh oh, look who's driving the boat!
 First fish of the trip in the boat.
 Ryan caught the biggest fish of the trip.
 Me and my Mama.  She is making fun of my BIG sun hat in this picture.
 Me and my boy. 
 Stealing a few loves from Grandma O.
 This way Daddy!  Henry only liked the backpack for about 20 minutes, then he insisted on walking himself.
 Another beautiful day on the lake.
 Look how calm the water is.  Amazing.
 Weeeeeeeeee!
 We tried to go see Crater Lake, but as you can see, it was snowing.  Yes, snowing!  We weren't able to see the lake, which was a bummer, but Grandpa Jim and Henry made the best of stomping the snow instead.
 Me and my Daddy.  We look like marshmallows because we were bundled up.  It was CHILLY when the wind picked up.  I think I had about 4 layers on, literally.
 Still pretty, even with the clouds rolling in.
Henry and Grandpa Jim enjoyed reading together all week.  Melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment