Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Thanks

I have many things to be grateful for these days.  Below are some highlights.

* Birthday parties.  Henry attended a birthday party last Friday for his friend Brae (my dear friend Britney's son), which was at Playdate PDX.  What a fun place to have a birthday party.  Henry had an absolute BLAST.  Anytime Henry has a good time, Mama has a good time.  His joy makes my heart sing.  And, the red velvet cupcakes were scrumptious.

* Tractorfest.  My friend Emilie hosted a visit to her farm last weekend.  Her husband, Farmer Thomas, farms 1200 acres in the Forest Grove/Banks area.  Henry was in complete awe of the dozen+ tractors, chickens, cows, pickup trucks, four-wheelers and EXPANSIVE green space.  It rained the entire time, but it didn't phase Henry in the least!  Then Emilie invited us into her house where Henry found a few model tractors that Emilie let him play with.  They were the old metal style toys like I had when I was a kid.  Henry LOVED them. Mama could totally get used to that lifestyle...if only money were no issue.

* The start of the UP basketball season.  GO PILOTS!!!  Keep the purple pride strong.

*  Visit to Powells as a family.  Henry loves bookstores like his Mama does.  He loves books and he loves to run around.  He was in seventh heaven because he was able to run around and read lots of books.  AND, he talked Mama into buying him another tractor book to take home with him (like we really needed another one!). 

* Mom's cooking.  My mom still makes me my favorite foods.  This week she made me a korean noodle dish one day and korean style jello another day.  There is something special about mom's cooking.  I'm sure it is the love it is made with. And I love her.

* Halloween.  Ryan surprised me with a visit to the office with Henry.  He was a complete ham, smiling at all the ladies in the office.  We enjoyed dinner with our friends and trick-or-treating that evening.  It is fun to create new traditions with Henry.

* New words.  Henry's new words include "butt," "wa wa" (for water), and "baapa" (for backpack).  He is trying to mimic more and more words every day.  And lots of sounds. When we were at Emilie's farm, when Henry saw the chickens, he pointed to them and said "bauck bauck." SUPER cute.

* Homemade clam chowder, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, korean style flank steak, roasted root veggies, and sauteed brussel sprouts (with bacon, green onions and pine nuts).  Dishes made with love by this Mama for her family this past week.

* Dinner at a favorite Thai restaurant with the family after a long week at work AND salted caramel ice cream for dessert.  YUM!

* Ryan shaved his mustache, just for me!

1 comment:

  1. why am i crying at #1? I'm so emotional at every mention of Brae... and Henry... and them having fun. And love that Ryan surprised you on Halloween! Awwwww

    ReplyDelete