Monday, November 12, 2012

A random 2 weeks [part 1]

Another blogger I follow, recently went through the exercise of creating a daily journal for a random period of time to see if she could glean any learning/reflections about her life.  So, I thought I would do the same to see if I can learn something about my life as well, based on a random 2 week snapshot.  The first 5 days of my random 2 weeks are posted below:

Wednesday, November 7
5:45 Alarm begins to buzz.  I grunt and turn off the alarm.  Roll over.
6:00 Ryan's alarm begins to buzz.  He gets up dutifully and hops in the shower.  I roll over.
6:20 I finally roll out of bed and begin getting ready for work.
6:40 Feed/water Sophie.
6:45 Wake Henry, cuddle for a few minutes in the rocking chair, change his diaper and get him dressed.
7:00 Pack our bags and let Sophie outside.
7:08 Buckle up and head to Grandma O's house.
7:43 Leave Grandma O's house and head into work.
8:18 Arrive at the office.
12:30 Head out for a walk with Britney.
1:25 Return to the office.  Eat an apple and check messages.
1:42 Yippee, a flex day.  Pack my bag and head to to Grandma O's house.
2:03 Arrive at Grandma O's house to pick up Henry.  Chat with Grandma O, play blocks and drink a smoothie special just for me (by Grandma O, aka MY Mama). Yum.
2:50 Pack up and head home. Henry falls asleep in the car.
3:06 Arrive home and carry Henry up to bed for a nap.
3:10 Change clothes and go hunting for my ipod for a quick run (3 miles) on the treadmill.
3:54 Crack open the work laptop.
4:00 Quick break to chat with Ryan on the phone and watch 2 hours of The Voice in approximately 25 minutes (I love the DVR) while I try to prioritize my work to-do list.
4:30 Actually do some real work in earnest.
5:30 Make dinner, get Henry up from his nap, feed/water Sophie.
6:15 Read a book with Henry and put leftovers in the fridge.
6:30 Vacuum the entire house, including the stairs while Henry chases me with a car phone charger that he is pretending to a light saber or gun, can't tell which.
7:25 Play blocks, read 3 more books and play trains with Henry.
7:50 PJs, brush teeth, wash hands, vitamins and a few cuddles before Henry goes to sleep.
8:18 Lay Henry in his crib for the night.
8:20 Dishes and wipe down stove.  Take garbage and recycle out. 
8:45 Chat with Ryan on the phone.
8:55 Check email and Facebook.
9:10 Laundry
9:30 Shower
9:45 Crack open the work laptop.  Work for an hour.
11:00 Blog
11:15 Lights out.

Thursday, November 8
6:38 Whoops.  Slept through the alarm.  Jolt out of bed.  Get ready for work. 
6:52 Feed/water Sophie.  Make coffee.
6:56 Change and dress Henry.
7:03 Let Sophie out.  Pour coffee.  Pack bags.
7:16 Head to Grandma O's, who wanted to spend an extra day with Henry this week. 
7:40 Leave Grandma O's for the office.
8:18 Purchase a scone at a local bakery that is on my way from the parking lot to the office.
8:24 Arrive at office.
5:02 Leave office.
5:41 Arrive home, say hello to family and change clothes.
5:55 Start making dinner.  Ryan soon takes over...thank goodness because Henry really wants me to pay attention to him, and him only.
6:25 Put leftovers away.  Read books, play blocks, chase, trains, and tickle monster.
7:42 Begin bedtime routine with Henry.  More books, clean diaper, PJs, brush teeth, water.
8:12 Lay Henry in his crib for the night.
8:15 Change clothes, find a charged ipod (aka Ryan's ipod because mine is dead...surprise, surprise), run on the treadmill (5 miles!)
9:26 Dishes.  Speed watch an episode of The Voice.
9:50 Check email and Facebook.
10:02 Shower
10:20 Crack open the work laptop.  Work for about an hour.
11:20 Blog.
11:30 Good night.
12:15ish Ryan wakes me up after returning from an evening with friends to chat.  Although I am grateful my husband is at the core my friend (and desires to tell me all about his day/night), I am low on sleep this week and would be rather be sleeping this night! 
12:45 Still chatting and get up to use the restroom, which really wakes me up.
1:15 I can read the clock, so obviously I'm still awake.  Soonish, I fall asleep again.

Friday, November 9
6:40 Roll out of bed.  No rush today because it is FRIDAY.  TGIF!!! Get ready for work.
6:55 Feed/water Sophie.
7:00 Henry wakes up.  Cuddles in the rocking chair, change and get dressed.
7:10 Breakfast with Henry.
7:42 Leave for work.
8:15 Arrive at the office.
12:00 Pick up take out from a new Greek place. Work through lunch.
4:48 Leave work...yes a few minutes early.  Determined not to work tonight!
5:25 Pick up Thai take out for dinner.  Yes, I am determined not to cook today either!
5:42 Arrive home.
5:48 Feed/water Sophie. Let her out.
5:55 Have dinner with family.
6:25 Put leftovers away. 
6:30 Read books.  Play blocks and trains with Henry.
7:22 Surprise visit by our friends the Ripleys. Enjoy a beer.
8:00 Say good-bye and start a bath for Henry.  Night time routine (PJs, brush teeth, water etc.)
8:35 Lay Henry in his crib for the night.
8:38 Sit down on the couch with a slice of carrot cake.  Eat half and put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.  Watch a little boob tube and chat with Ryan.
9:02 Surf the Internet for the perfect train set for Henry for Christmas.  I can't seem to make up my mind, but for whatever reason I've been obsessing about it.
9:35 Head upstairs to get ready for bed.
9:42 Climb into bed.  I actually made it into bed (and was asleep) by 10 this night!!!!  Blissful sleep!

Saturday, November 10
6:17 Roll out of bed.
6:20 Shower.
6:35 Feed/water Sophie.
6:45 Clean master bathroom. 
7: 10 Make coffee.
7:15 Clean downstairs bathroom.
7:32 Blog and enjoy a cup of coffee.
7:52 Henry wakes up and begins talking to himself.  I gave him 7-8 minutes (since he was content) to wake up by himself before I headed up.
8:00 Cuddles, change clothes and get dressed.
8:24 Prepare and eat breakfast with Henry.
9:00 Clean up from breakfast.
9:10 Laundry
9:25 Pack up and load into the car to run errands.   Henry loves to go "bye-bye" because it usually means he can run around and touch all sorts of new stuff.  "Shopping" is great fun for Henry, although, it is bit hard to keep him focused on the task at hand. I of course forget Henry's shoes on this trip (he likes to ride in the car without shoes so I don't always put them on before we leave).
9:40 Arrive at Target. Henry has to sit in the cart, which doesn't thrill him, but I gave him a few boxes to hold (which he proceeded to rip open...but I saved the barcodes so they could be scanned at checkout).
10:15 Arrive back home to unload car and pick up Henry's shoes.
10:35 Arrive at Fred Meyer.  Now Henry has his sneakers on so he take full advantage of being able to run.  "Shopping" is challenging this morning.  : )
11:15 Arrive at Grandma O/Grandpa Jim's house for a visit and lunch.  I regretfully can't remember the last time my dad has been able to spend time with Henry or me (maybe a few weeks...maybe a month...oh goodness I'm a horrible daughter) so I made it a point to schedule a visit.  Henry had a great time building a lego fort/castle with Grandpa Jim and then he was awesome (content, quiet, and a great eater) at the restaurant when we went to lunch.  Proud Mama! 
2:15 Pack up the car to return home.  Henry falls asleep in the car.
2:23 Arrive home.  Carry Henry up to bed for a nap.
2:30 Change clothes for a jog.
2:35 Procrastinate running and check Facebook instead.
2:50 Finally get on the treadmill for a run (made it 5 miles again today!)
3:50 Stretch, drink water, prepare a snack, and ponder doing some work.
4:00 Procrastinate working and pay bills and check email instead.
4:10 Ok, finally crack open the work laptop and work for an hour.
5:12 Blog (this daily journaling is time consuming!)
5:24 Think about what to make for dinner and wonder when that sleepy little man of mine is going to get up...it's been more than 3 hours!
5:35 Feed/water Sophie.
5:40 Wake Henry up.  Cuddle in the rocking chair for a couple minutes.  Read 7 books with Henry before convincing him to go downstairs for dinner.
6:15 Dinner with Henry.
6:50 Clean Henry up from dinner and put leftovers in the fridge. Help Henry set up a train track to play trains.  Play with tractors.
7:05 Laundry and change linens.  Henry loves it when I change the sheets on the bed.  When I change the sheets I put them on the floor in a pile as I put the cleans ones on the bed.  Henry likes to flop on the pile of sheets as if they were a pile of leaves, giggle and then say "ahhhhh." Read more books and watch Henry try to play tug-o-war with Sophie. 
7:40 Begin bedtime routine (clean diaper, PJs, brush teeth, vitamins, water).
7:55 Read more books.  I'm a complete sucker for that little boy asking me to read to him.
8:20 Lay Henry in his crib for the night.
8:25 Scrapbook (I am STILL not done with Henry's baby book.  I am determined to have it done before he is 2!!!)
9:15 Laundry.  Start doing the dishes.
9:30 Talk to Ryan on the phone.
10:00 Finish dishes.
10:15 Take garbage out.
10:25 Shower.
11:00 Ease into bed and drift off to blissful sleep.

Sunday, November 11
7:25 Wake up to Henry's sweet voice.  Lay in bed and just listen to him.  Precious.  (Ahhh...I actually got 8 hours of sleep.)
7:35 Get up, get dressed.
7:40 Get Henry up, changed, dressed.
7:50 Read books with Henry in the rocking chair.
8:24 Head downstairs and make breakfast.
9:00 Clean up from breakfast. 
9:10 Play trains, blocks, chase, race cars, pictures pages and whatever else Henry wants to play with Mama.
11:15 Ryan comes home, we pack up the car and head to New Season's to pick up a few items for dinner.
12:15 Arrive back home and make lunch.
12:40 Clean up from lunch.
12:45 Read books, free play with Henry.
1:50 Lay Henry in his crib for a nap.
2:00 Head out for some Christmas shopping (yes, I am determined to be done before the madness sets in). 
3:35 Arrive back home.
3:40 Prep veggies for dinner.
4:00 Surf the Internet for Christmas ideas for my parents.
4:25 Get Henry up.  Read a few books and free play.
5:15 Feed Henry dinner while Ryan makes a special dinner for us.  Enjoy a glass of red wine (I can't remember the last time I had a glass of wine with Ryan).
5:50 Clean Henry up and put his dinner leftovers away.
6:10 Sit down to dinner with Ryan (flatiron steak with blue cheese and chantrelle and shitake mushrooms, zucchini and onions with Parmesan for a side).  Absolutely scrumptious!
6:30 Put leftovers away and play blocks with Henry.
7:00 Laundry.
7:10 Read a few more books and play tractors with Henry.
7:25 Bath time for Henry.
7:50 Lay Henry down in his crib for the night.
7:52 Dishes and wipe down kitchen.
8:25 Watch a movie with Ryan.
10:40 Shower
11:05 Climb into bed.
12:10 Still awake and looking at the clock.  Trouble sleeping.  Drift off to sleep shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment