Saturday, February 18, 2012

So Handsome

Little Man has really become a little man. How does that happen!?! I think he looks super handsome in this picture (the official one-year portrait).


Henry is really enjoying his new walker that Grandma Sherry brought over for his birthday last weekend. He doesn't quite understand that it is helpful to steer yet though. So, he inevitably gets hung up something. The stairs are still a big hit as well. I would really like him to become interested in learning how to go down the stairs in a safe manner, then it wouldn't make me so nervous when he climbs up them. He is getting FAST!


Henry got to try scrambled eggs and peanut butter today. He wasn't thrilled about the eggs but LOVED the peanut butter. So far, so good, no food allergies. Transitioning to cow's milk is still slow going. He is a bit more accepting of the 50/50 mix that I have been giving him (thank goodness for storing 40 frozen bottles of breastmilk before I weaned him). I plan to drop down to 60/40 split in the next couple of days, then 75/25, and then hopefully just a 100% cow's milk by the end of the month. His doc advised to just keep trying, and if in the end he still doesn't like cow's milk, it isn't the end of the world. I have hope though, Henry is back to taking 6oz bottles. For the first few days, he would drink 3-4oz and then hurl the bottle to the ground and refuse to drink anymore. This is from a boy who usually shakes with excitement when he sees his bottle warming up. Although he's a big boy and missing a few calories here and there isn't a big deal, I was worried about his hydration. His doc told me not to fret, if he was thirsty he would drink more water. The doc makes me feel like a completely crazy woman sometimes. : ) I'm really glad he's easy-going though...because someone no so easy-going would only add to my neurosis about everything Henry.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday, HEEENNNNNRRRRRR-U!!!!!!!

    What were his 1 year stats???

    ReplyDelete