Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of School

Today was Henry's first day of preschool.  What a proud Momma he made me!  He was super excited to wear his new backpack (one with flames on it that he picked out himself...much to Daddy's dismay) and get to school as soon as he could this morning.  He gave me a big hug when Teacher Lori opened the classroom door and walked into his first classroom ever with confidence (but a bit shy).  When we picked him up, he was all smiles and told me all about the fun stuff he got to do.  He proclaimed the watercolor painting the best part and said he wanted to show me his artwork the next time we go to school.  He also enjoyed the "cheese crackers in the BIG box" for snack.  I asked if he played with other kids and he indicated "Yeah, mom, both boys and girls.  But, only two girls.  Not lots of girls."  He said he wants to go back, so I proclaim the first day of school a success!  Such a relief since Henry has never been to daycare or left with a stranger for that matter. He's become such a big boy!  And as for me, I am happy to report that I had emotions of excitement rather than sadness this morning.  I am super thrilled about this new chapter in our family story.

No comments:

Post a Comment