Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Fun

Man I wish I was sleeping this peacefully, for more than a couple hours at a time at least.  Russ prefers to sleep either on or next to someone about 90% of the time.  I usually get lucky in the mornings and he will sleep independently for an hour or two.  Work in progress.  I still really hope that he will be sleeping independently at night (at least for a a good portion of the night) by the time I return to work so that I don't become a complete zombie.  Fingers crossed.
 I love to watch him wake up from a nap and stretch out.  His expressions are priceless.
Russ is spending a bit more time each day awake and alert.  He is even starting to focus on things.  I am looking forward to his smile arriving.  He is still growing like a weed.  Last Tuesday at his two-week appointment (17 days old), he weighed in at 8lbs 1.5oz and measured 21 inches long.  Dr. E said he as really happy with his weight gain and said he "looks really healthy."  The next day, Russ was circumcised.  He was less than thrilled with life that afternoon (really fussy), but didn't have any signs of discomfort after that.  By Monday, his man parts were all healed up. 
Meanwhile, Big Brother Henry is continuing to be quite the helper around the house.  On a recent morning, we made zucchini bread together (and he actually ate it, despite the green flecks). 
 Henry has been a trooper while I nurse Russ around the clock.  He often plays Legos or Playdoh (pictured) while I nurse.  He loves to build.  His imagination continues to blossom everyday.  He built me a ice cream factory earlier this morning out of Legos.
We also try to get outside everyday for a little fresh air.  Mommy melts though in the heat, so we often wait until the evening hours when the yard is shaded.
  
This is Henry trying to get Mommy and Russ wet! He thought it was soooooo funny to squirt me.
We have been playing up the "big boy" role with Henry since Russ has been born, which Henry seems to take pride in.  Yesterday, we treated Henry to his first trip to the movie theater to see Planes: Fire and Rescue, just the three of us.  He LOVED it.  He behaved really well too, siting in his own seat quietly the entire time.  Russ stayed home with my mom (and thankfully took a bottle).  It is bittersweet realizing that Henry is no longer a baby, but indeed a big boy, yet so thrilling to get to experience new things with him. I am happy to report that he seems to be getting back into the groove of things with his attitude and potty training.  Not to say he has exited the "terrifying threes," but he seems to be back to his normal "spirited" self, rather than in a particularly colorful mood.  Incentives (aka bribes) have helped to get us back on track with the accidents.
The little stinker refused to pose for a picture!  I still love him nonetheless. : )

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is really the first pic I've seen of Russ. He looks JUST like ryan! ah yes, graem got circumcised at his 2 weeker too. Fussy all night. miss you!

    ReplyDelete