Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter


This past weekend was awesome! Henry and I started swim class on Saturday. Little Man LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the water. He squealed with delight as he splashed himself, Mama and everyone within a 6 foot radius of us. The only "problem" is that he wants to really swim already. Splashing around singing songs really doesn't suit his fancy for 30 minutes. He wants to MOVE! Hmm...this is a common theme in our house these days. After swim class, Henry and I headed to the park for play date/mom's group (our usual monthly affair). Four other moms and babes showed up. This was Henry's first official trip to the park. He really enjoyed the swings, slide, bouncy bridge and over sized tick-tack-toe. Being out in the sun was an extra bonus (although, Henry looked like a total greaser after I slathered a TON of sunscreen on his head, even in his hair). : ) That evening, my girlfriend Mary came over for pizza. We took Soph and Henry for a walk while we caught up on gossip. What a perfect day.

Now, how do I get into these eggs!?!
As if Saturday wasn't enough fun, Sunday was Easter, which entailed even more fun in the sun. We headed over to Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Keith's house for an egg hunt, blowing bubbles and eating goodies. Thank you Grandma Sherry and Grandpa Keith for hosting, we had a grand time. It was great fun for me to watch Henry and Ryan go hunting for eggs. Henry decided to just sit in the grass and open his eggs after he picked up about 6 eggs. He wasn't too sure about the grass though. Ryan would often have to pick up an egg and hand it to Henry so he could put it in his bucket. The older cousins had a blast filling up their egg buckets. It is fun to see our extended family grow in size with little ones. That evening we took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk as a family (a regular and favorite pastime for us when the weather is dry). It was a nice way to wind down the weekend.

Other Henry updates:
Henry's 8th tooth emerged last week. A molar. I thought he would get the rest of his front teeth first, but I've been proven wrong. I'm convinced there is no rhyme or reason to teething.
He can almost run now, especially if the laundry room door is open (where we keep Sophie's water bowl...splash, splash, splash....BIG mess).
He is becoming much more picky about veggies. He tried some spicy Korean noodles last week and loved them. The boy loves FLAVOR...who can really blame him though. His favorite food remains the strawberry, in which he can consume his body weight (don't know where he got that from, hehehehehe).
His favorite book now is his Color book, which has enlarged photographs of things in various colors. Ryan indicated that he can barely stand to read it anymore because Henry has demanded that he read it him about 132 times a day. : )
Henry seems to be in a growth spurt. I recently had to retire several of his 18 month clothes and bring out the 24 month/2T clothes, which seem to fit just fine (some of the pants are way too long though). It still blows my mind at how fast kids grow. I'm sure I will be saying that for the rest of my life.
Henry also really enjoys playing with his race cars, tractors, Mega Blocks and Mr. Potato Head. His favorite game seems to be peek-a-boo. He'll "hide" (today behind a kitchen chair) and then peek around the side. When you make eye contact he LAUGHS, LAUGHS, LAUGHS. He doesn't quite understand that I can actually still see him even if he can't see me. Super funny to watch him make up games that make him giggle.
Sweet moment of the day: When I picked Henry up today at Grandma O's, they were outside walking down the sidewalk. Henry had a dandelion in his hand. When I caught up with the two of them, I greeted Henry and he reached out to hand me the flower with a big grin on his face and said "MAMA!"

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! great post! love the pic of him with the eggs! and the boy is already giving pretty girls flowers. lady killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I can't believe how big Henry is getting. I'm going to have to make a trip to Oregon pretty soon. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete