Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

I have been trying to perfect a whole wheat muffin for some time. For me to approve, it has to be yummy and moist. These days, I also use Henry as a barometer. He LOVES these muffins! I have to admit, they are pretty tasty. Hope you enjoy.

1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T ground flax
2 eggs
3 medium bananas
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. agave nectar
1/4 c. water
1/2 bag chocolate chips (approx. 1 cup) - I like to use mini-chocolate chips for the little people.

Mix dry (except chocolate chips) and wet ingredients (except water) seperately. Then combine dry and wet ingredients. After wet and dry ingredients are combined, mix in water. After the water is mixed in, fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter into 12 muffins. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy warm (my favorite) or at room temperture. They keep well in an air tight container.

1 comment: